- Gibby from iCarly talks to TBBPosted 426 days ago
Marta and Underground Atlanta Expand Braves Game Experience
Braves Shuttle to Resume on April 13 with New Ticket Vendor, Live Music, Street Performers and More
Underground Atlanta announced today that Johnny Rockets, located on Lower Alabama Street, will be their on-site vendor for Braves Shuttle passes this year. Resuming on April 13, 2012, the MARTA-operated shuttle will originate at Steve Polk Plaza at Underground Atlanta and take fans directly to Turner Field for every home game during the baseball season. It will begin 90 minutes before first pitch and return to Underground Atlanta every 15 minutes until either the 7th inning or 9 p.m., whichever comes first*, but patrons can head down to Underground Atlanta early and hang out after the game for a full day of fun.
Choose from 13 eateries for a bite to eat, stroll through three levels of indoor and outdoor shopping and explore more than 100 years of Atlanta’s deep-rooted history. Tourist tip: A gas lamp built in 1856 still stands, noticeably damaged at the base by shelling from the Union army, lead by General William T. Sherman. Both residents and visitors alike can also enjoy special programming that will span throughout each game day, including:
- Barbershop Quartet: Start choppin’! Appropriate for a departure to the stadium, on April 13, 14 and 15, along with other select dates, a Barbershop Quartet will send off patrons with their rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.”
- Blues in the Alley: Perfect on a warm summer day or evening, Kenny’s Alley will feature live music from some of Atlanta’s favorite blues bands: Memorial Day weekend, May 25-28; July 4; Labor Day Weekend, Aug. 31-Sept. 3.
- Street Performers: An afternoon of family-friendly fun,from 12 – 6 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays during baseball season a variety of engaging street performers will fill the property.
- Dance Parties with DJ Dano: High-energy fun for all ages, special theme parties include: Cinco de Mayo, May 5; Patriotic Party, May 26; Sock Hop, June 2; Beach Bash, July 14; Disco Fever, Aug. 5; Halloween Boo Bash, Oct. 27.
“With so much to offer to Atlanta residents and visitors, our partnership with MARTA just makes sense,” says Underground Atlanta General Manager William P. “Chick” Ciccaglione. “Convenient parking, diverse dining and shopping options and family-friendly entertainment will allow fans to expand the game-day experience beyond the stadium.”
The Braves Shuttle is a free transfer from MARTA bus or rail with a Breeze Card, or can be purchased for $5.50 round-trip from Johnny Rockets at Underground Atlanta.Braves ticket holders are encouraged to take advantage of the $3 parking at decks A and B at Underground Atlanta. To receive this special rate, patrons must show the same-day game ticket and parking ticket to the attendant upon exiting the deck.
*After the 7th inning or 9 p.m., whichever comes first, the shuttle will start taking patrons to the Five Points Station. The Shuttle will remain in service for after-game fireworks, concerts and other programs sanctioned by the Atlanta Braves.
About Underground Atlanta
Located in the heart of the downtown, Underground Atlanta is one of the city’s favorite attractions and a cultural hub. Opened in 1969 as a “city beneath the streets,” Underground Atlanta still exhibits many of the significant architectural features from its original structure. Visitors can pick up a self-guided History tour brochure at the information booth and discover the history firsthand. Explore six city blocks, 12 acres and three levels of 225,000 square feet of shopping, restaurants and entertainment at Underground Atlanta, a destination with more than 100 years of history. Visit on Wednesdays at lunchtime for a selection of Atlanta’s most delicious food trucks lining the street. Underground Atlanta offers a year-round calendar of cultural, entertainment, community and family programming with its signature events being Peach Drop on New Year’s Eve and Heritage Arts Festival in July. For more information, visit www.underground-atlanta.com or call 404-523-2311.