Listen Up!
  • Gibby from iCarly talks to TBBPosted 425 days ago

What Worked for Me – Amanda Wilson

By on September 13, 2010
amanda111

Some of you have been chomping at the bit(which I LOVE!), so I’ll try to break it down quickly.

Body For Life by Bill Phillips is the book that clicked for me.

There is no easy way or magic bullet. It takes hard work, determination, consistency, patience, and a PLAN that’s proven to work. Having a simple plan for a new way of life has made all the difference for me.

Incorporating good habits is “The Secret”. Slow and steady DOES win the race. Also, a winning attitude. No excuses allowed. ;) Excuses take too much mental energy for me anyway.

20 minutes isn’t long, right? Less time than I spend on Facebook(yikes), emailing, or watching TV, even reading. Did I mention bookworms are cool? ;) But I digress…

Can you spare that 3 days per week? That’s all you need for cardio. No joke.

How about 1 hour 3 days per week? Too much to look smokin’ hot(I’m still trying), have more confidence, have more energy, and feel better mentally and physically? Building muscle makes such a huge difference!
Weight training was my missing element all along. The hour spent in my garage with music blaring, gloves on, and mucho attitude is well spent. It’s a positive escape from everything which equals some stress relief.

The diet is based on a list of approved foods. Nothing crazy. It involves portion sizes, 6 meals per day, and one Free or Cheat Day per week to reward yourself and boost your metabolism. Fueling your body is such an important component in the weight loss effort. Did I mention that I love to eat? ;)

It isn’t as hard as you think. Knowing your efforts will be rewarded helps one heck of a lot.

To Recap-

6 portion controlled, healthy meals per day

3 days per week of cardio- 20 minutes using High Intensity Interval Training

3 days per week of weight training- takes about an hour

1 Free Day per week, with no workout and WHATEVER you want to eat (don’t hurt yourself, hee hee ;) )

Plan diet and workouts for each day ahead of time.

Between the diet, cardio, and weight training, there are a lot of mental games to play with myself. What to do and how to actually make it happen every day involves planning and being committed to that plan. It gets easier as you go, but at times it is a challenge to stay on track. It can be done though!

I have so many little tricks that have worked for me, and I look forward to sharing them with you (and hearing your comments)! :)

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

About Amanda Wilson

10 Comments

1. Clif

September 13, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Don’t forget to drink water until you feel like a fish!
    I really hope that you will be able to help many people look and feel better than they have their entire life (just as you have).

For anyone reading this….what my beautiful wife says is true. While it is not “easy” to make such a transformation, ANYONE can do it. I have done the same program myself and am witness to Amanda’s amazing change.

Getting started is the hardest part….it is simply maintaining your momentum from there.

Stick with Amanda….and you will succeed.
    Good Luck!!!

• Amanda

September 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I couldn’t have done it without you! Now when’s our next garage tryst? ;)

2. Renee'

September 13, 2010 at 1:20 pm

You are an inspiration! I sooo need to exercise to lose a few extra ‘baby pounds’ but just can not get motivated. After reading your articals it really makes me want to get started. I’m so proud of you!

• Amanda

September 14, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Thank you Renee’! It’s hard to get started, especially as a busy mom. I have no doubt that you can shed the mommy baggage though! I can’t imagine you have much to lose…you were always thin with legs most gals would kill for. :)

3. Charlene Elder

September 13, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Great work, Amanda. I’ve SEEN the transformation, and you’ve done super. I hope those needing to shed some pounds will work their way thin because as you get older, unfortunately it does get a little harder to keep the weight off….hey, we’re working on it hard and strong, so we’ll get back there! Keep up the good work and inspiration!

• Amanda

September 14, 2010 at 2:01 pm

You always brighten my day Charlene! I know you work at it hard as well, and you should give yourself a pat on the back too. :)

4. Claudia

September 13, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!

• Amanda

September 14, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! We need some input from someone naturally skinny…like you.

5. Kendall Dodson

September 14, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Very inspirational. More people should have your drive and resilience.

6. Kathy

September 17, 2010 at 2:52 pm

You make so many great points here… the best one being about having a simple plan for a new way of life. Viewing healthy eating and exercise as an ongoing part of your life, rather than a means to an end, is critical.

I have to say, I’ve never been able to stick to a strict workout plan. Variety is essential for me to keep interest, so I mix it up a lot. Weight training does bring (fairly) fast results, though, so I always try to add that in a few days a week.

Can’t wait for the next post!